Designing then uploading photographs of a well designed food spread will immediately boost your bookings on kaodim.
This is the first thing interested customers look at when they view your profile. You want your clients to go "wow" before they even taste your food. Presentation is everything.
Eating is a full sensory experience. Visual appeal and attractiveness is equally as important as taste, especially if people are new to your food. Whether you like it or not, presentation is an important part of being a successful chef. Why do you think those fine dining restaurants get to charge so much?
Here at Kaodim, our catering experts highly recommend that you invest in preparing an impactful and attractive food spread to increase your customer hires.
Here are some examples of how your food spread in your profile should look like and how small investments can make your catering spread truly instagram worthy.
1. Invest in modern serving plates. Sticking to round plates can be a little bit boring. Use a lot of colour, and always garnish your food with herbs and roughly chopped vegetables.
2. Layer your display. You can use boxes and cover them with cloths. Layering creates depth and dimension in your presentation. Fill up gaps with plants, flowers or other decorative items
3. Serve your food in soup spoons. Everyone loves eating stuff off soup spoons, whether its caviar or nasi lemak. Invest in affordable soup foods and portion your food so it fits into each spoon. Notice that using a lot of wooden boards also makes everything look much more attractive. Definitely worth investing in a few of these.
4. Present your food in drinking glasses. You may use round, square, or glasses in any shape. The glass allows people to see right through to your food so the colours of your food pop out and take centre stage.
5. Invest in a few plants, flowers and a vase. Attractive flowers, plants or vases really enhance the dramatic impact of your food station. Use your plant as a centre piece for your spread. If you're worried about the plants dying, you could invest in a faux plant or flower arrangement.
6. Take your labelling seriously. Everyone wants to know what food you're serving. Take the time to label your food and print out high quality labels which you can reuse.
7. Flat lay photographs instantly make everything look delicious. Once you've prepared your food spread, make sure you photograph from the top. This style is currently trending and is sure to get you lots of attention.
Once you've prepared your newly designed food presentation spread, remember to take lots of high resolution photographs to upload on your Kaodim profile. It's worth investing in a professional photographer to take a whole bunch of photos you can use for all your marketing material.
If you need any help designing your food spread, feel free to reach out to us at Kaodim. We'll give you tips on how you can create these amazing looks with the food you're cooking. Trust us, these looks are possible even if you are cooking local, asian food. It's all about creativity!
Get started and update your kaodim profile now!